For more go to [part 2]
Things you must have:
- Halo Mapping Tools v3.5 (hmtv3.5)
( http://halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=1343 )
- 60 plugins pack for Hmtv3.5
( http://files.halomods.com/viewtopic.php?t=4198 )
- Full version of Halo PC (buy it here if you dont have it)
In this mod I will explain how to make Master Chief jump higher and have no falling damage! BEFORE MODDING CREATE BACKUPS OF ALL YOUR HALO PC MAPS!!!!!!!!!
- To do this go to c:\program files\microsoft games\halo
- Copy all the masp from the MAPS folder
- Right click and create new folder
- rename the newly created folder as BACKUPS
- paste all the maps from MAPS into BACKUPS
- if u mess up one of your original maps in the MAPS folder,
- copy the same map from BACKUPS into MAPS, and its good!
Instructions for Jump Higher and No Falling Damage Mod:
- Open up Hmt v3.5 (make sure you put the 60 plugins into the plugins folder).
- Search for you maps, go to c:\program files\microsoft games\halo\maps.
- Pick Bloodgulch.map.
- You should now see a ton of options appear on the left of the Hmt window.
- On the left side, Resource Browser, where all the options appeared, four down from the top is [bipd] Biped(2 items), select this, then select Characters\cyborg_mp\cyborg_mp
- Some new items should appear on the right side of the Hmt window now.
- On the right side of the screen, scroll down all the way and look for a check box with Jumping and Landing writen next to it.
- Where it says jump velocity you should see 0.07 writen in the text box beside it.
- Change this to 0.14 (this is twice the jump height)
- Now hit the Save button thats next to revert on the upper left hand side of the screen.
- You must save after each change u make (can get annoying)
- Now on the left, Resource Browser, search for [jpt!]Damage(81 items)
- Select this tab
- Under this new tab, select globals\distance
- On the right hand side of the screen now, scroll down and look for Minimum Damage, Maximum Damage(minimum), and Maximum Damage(maximum). In the text box next to them change them all to 0.
- Click the Save button again.
- Now over under Resource Browser select globals\falling
- Scroll down on the left hand side again until you come across Minimum Damage, Maximum Damage(minimum), and Maximum Damage(maximum).
- Once again change the numbers in the text box next to them to 0, and save again.
- Close Hmt (always Close Hmt after you done a mod, or else halo wont load that map).
- Start Halo pc, go to Bloodgulch and fool around!!!
- Extra – Now that youâ€™ve done this go back and experiment, make Master Chief jump higher, or lower!
Explanation of this mod!
Ok what you just did is made it so Master Chief will jump higher
without being damaged by falling from high heights. You went into Jump
Velocity, this changed how fast he jumped upâ€¦making him jump
higherâ€¦making this number higher will infact make him jump higher. I then had you
go into globals\distance. This is if Master Chief were to go to
heights heâ€™s not supposed to, it would make him die. I had you change
Minimum Damage, and both of the Maximums to 0. This will eliminate a
distance making him go as high as the ceiling of the map without dieing.
Finally, i had you go into globals\falling. This is what controls Master
Chiefs falling damage. You changed Minimum and both the maximums to 0.
This eliminated falling damage, as 0 damage wouldnt be anything at all!
Try fooling arounf with these mods, and try to make your own mods, try
to make him jump higher, or challenge yourself and make him jump lower!
Check back soon for my next tutorials, also check the video of what your mod should look like!
For more go to [part 2]